Sunday, April 15, 2007

The 2007 NCAA Football Tournament: April Absurdity

Here's what I'm going to do.

- a 128-team tournament to decide the true College Football champion for 2007, using NCAA Football 2007 (not the best measuring stick, I know.)
- all 119 I-A teams will be used, along with the top 9 I-AA teams (Appalachian State, Massachusetts, Montana State, Montana, Youngstown State, New Hampshire, James Madison, Illinois State, Southern Illinois)
- the tournament will be set up like March Madness, except with 8 locations instead of 4. So 8 16-team brackets, with 8 1-seeds, 8 2-seeds, and so on.
- I'll play 3 or so games a day until we get to Round 2, where... well, it's kind of obvious how it would work, but yeah.

Seedings will be announced tomorrow. Until then, be excited! Thrilling stuff isn't it!

P.S. This idea is not stolen from One More Dying Quail at all.

No comments: