Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Enjoy the show!

Dear anyone who didn't enjoy Monday night's Raw,

Calm down.

Now, I may be being hypocritical here, but a post to say someone didn't like Raw was definitely not needed. Indeed, this may not be needed, if I'm just saying I liked Raw, but I'm not.

I agree, Raw was not a great wrestling show this week. Key word in that sentence: wrestling. Vince said it himself this week: the WWE is an Entertainment company. It's World Wrestling Entertainment. And I was extremely entertained by Raw this week.

It started off great - Sandman being the GM would have been hilarious:

Cena: SANDMAN, I WANT A MATCH WITH UMAGA! TONIGHT!

...Sandman?

Sandman: *smashes beer can against forehead, chases him out of office with cane*

But Regal being the GM was the best possible scenario. As soon as the match was announced, I thought, "REGAL FOR GM REGAL FOR GM". Regal wanted a push on Raw, he got it. I loved this - one of my biggest mark-out moments I can remember. Although that's a bit sad.

The WWE Dating Game skit was hilarious, too. Regal burns the contestants at the start. Simmons has a bigger vocabulary. Santino turns heel - heck, even Hacksaw was funny at times.

Vince was amusing. The call-back to the London grin on Vince's death march was amusing. Many other things were amusing - and the good parts were enough to cancel out the bad parts and still have goodness left over.

I think the IWC, as a whole, has become too negative. Yes, the good ol' days of wrestling were very good. But I think we have to put up with the fact that the WWE has moved on from this - they're never going to be that good again with Vince at the helm of the company.

The WWE has become more of an entertainment company. If you're reading this, you probably love wrestling - if you don't already, watch Ring of Honor. It's better than anything the WWE could ever put on in the squared circle.

Everyone needs to just watch the WWE, and realise that it's not going to be that pure wrestling promotion that we all want it to be. We're a vocal minority, and the majority of wrestling fans - marks - are gonna put up with RAPPPAADDDOOOOO, Batshitista, and others with little to no wrestling ability. As the title says...

Enjoy the show!

Although the less said about a possible Vince-Steph incest angle, the better. Eugh.

No comments: